One of very few Valentine’s Day-themed horror movies, 1999 slasher Lovers Lane is back in the conversation this week, with Arrow Video announcing a brand new Blu-ray release.
Lovers Lane comes to Blu-ray on April 25, 2023.
There will be a Standard Version and an Arrow Exclusive Slipcover Limited Edition.
Arrow Video previews, “Passions are aroused and old wounds reopened in this sassy post-Scream teen slasher based on the urban legend of The Hook.”
Special Features include:
- Brand new 2K restoration from a 4K scan of the original 35mm camera negative
- High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation
- Two versions of the film: the widescreen 1.85:1 version and the full-frame 1.33:1 version
- Original lossless stereo audio on both versions
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
- Brand new audio commentary with writer-producers Geof Miller and Rory Veal
- Screaming Teens: The Legacy of Lovers Lane featurette with Geof Miller and Rory Veal and actors Matt Riedy and Carter Roy
- Original trailers
- Image gallery
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Ilan Sheady
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Lindsay Hallam and double-sided fold-out poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Ilan Sheady
“A steamy secret tryst that was brutally cut short on Valentine’s Day an unlucky thirteen years ago comes back to haunt the teens who linger around the lovers lane where the double slaying took place. The County Sheriff Tom Anderson (Matt Riedy) has just about come to terms with the fact that it was his wife who died in another man’s car on that fateful night. His daughter Mandy (Erin J. Dean), who as a four-year-old saw her mother’s corpse carried away from the scene, has a different take on things. It doesn’t help that her classmate Michael (Riley Smith) lost his father to the same hook-handed homicidal maniac in that night’s incident.
“To cap it all off, as another Valentine’s Day comes round, reports come through that the man arrested as “The Hook” has just bust out of his asylum.
“Prepare yourself for the ultimate hook up in a scream-a-minute rollercoaster that marked the film debut of Anna Faris (the Scary Movie series; Lost in Translation).”
The post Valentine’s Day Slasher Movie ‘Lovers Lane’ Featuring Anna Faris Comes to Blu-ray from Arrow Video appeared first on Bloody Disgusting!.